Many of us are small players in a big-brand world. Those big brands not only dominate their industries, but they usually control the search rankings, too. Sucks, right?
Just because your company is a small business, though, doesn’t mean you can’t win search traffic away from the big guys.
We outlined the steps you can take to outrank the big brands below, and – since we like you guys so much – we included time-stamps from today’s podcast for each section.
- Republish old content as new content. The big guys are probably publishing more content than you. You can publish “new” content without writing a whole new blog post. Simply update an old blog post. Google really seems to love when people do this. (4:30)
- Leverage your partners and other websites to cross-promote and cross-link. (7:10)
- Add more content. Add 200-300 words to your top performing landing pages to boost SEO value. (8:28)
- Beat them at a local level. You can beat the bigger guys by focusing on local optimization. The big brands can’t do this because they’re too big. (9:08)
- Create one amazing piece of content. One big piece that’s better than anything else out there will increase your domain authority and SEO value better than a ton of small, average blog posts. (11:10)