If you’re bummed you couldn’t attend MozCon this year (or ever ::sob::), Joelle Irvine, Director of Marketing and Growth at Bookmark is giving us the scoop in today’s Read. Obviously, she came back with a wealth of insights and advances shaping content marketing.
Machine learning was heavy on the bill, with an emphasis on how marketers need to get creative on how to adapt because, as she puts it, “trying to rank with keywords isn’t going to cut it anymore.”
Below are just 3 of these insights gleaned from the ‘Con, so it’s worth diving in for a closer look.
- Featured Snippets dominate mobile screens.
- Paid Social: What happens they love your content but not your email?
- Create a custom audience of subscribers that don’t open emails and post targets content ads in their social feeds.
- Leverage best performing click-through ads as CPM campaigns on LinkedIn.
- Audience can then be retargeted through AdWords.
- APIs + AI + Big Data = Personalization
- With Google Assistance, “Googling it” will no longer provide you with a long list of possible answers. It provides THE best answer based on your own personal data in combination with Google’s data and search algorithm. One-part amazing, one-part Big Brother is Watching…