Mailchimp surveyed over 2,000 independent agencies and freelancers from 63 countries to put together the 2022 Benchmark Report.
It examines how agencies and freelancers fared across the board when it comes to talent and accounts. We wanted to share a preview of some of the most interesting stats for the “Money Matters” section.
How are Freelancers Doing?
- They’re seeing growth. In last year’s report, 45% of responding freelancers said they increased their year-over-year revenue. This year, 54% of respondents reported a growth in revenue.
- They’re earning more. 15% of respondents say they achieved revenue of more than $100K.
- They’re valuing their time. 77% of freelancers said they value time over money, and feel less stressed.
How are Agencies Doing?
- The salaries are rising. 52% of agency pros in North America say they earned over $75K.
- They keep clients on lock. Agencies that say they had between 41–60% of their work on retainer
- They are equally on the hook. 61% of agencies say just one client made up more than 20% of their revenue…that can be good and bad, so Mailchimp has tips for cash reserves.
Expect to find much more information that can help you learn how to win more business, find and retain top talent, price your services, and enhance your performance.