Here are the SEO considerations that should be top of mind for a new year:
- Outline the potential strategic moves, new products, markets, audiences and pivots your brand or business may take this year.
- Keep an eye on industry and economic trends and predictions for the year.
- Consider how the way customers search or buy your product or service may have changed.
- Map out your key competitors to include new players.
- Do an old fashioned SEO SWOT.
- Review your best and worst performing content across formats and channels.
- Consider your preferred tools and reports — what can you optimize>
- Find opportunities where you can embrace AI.
- Ask for feedback from the recipients of your SEO reports to refine.
- Review your team of partners, freelancers, and colleagues. Is everyone set up for success?
- Ensure that your keywords are still relevant and align with user intent.
- Build out your content roadmap for each quarter.
- Review your website health and technical SEO.
- Ask yourself why your target publications will want to talk about your business in 2024.
- Communicate with other teams and departments to align on goals.
Dive deeper into each task at Search Engine Land.