Are you doing social media, or just doing social media? There is a difference, and it’s not just in the italics. What we mean is, if you’re just going through the motions on social media, you’re not using it properly.
Analytics and reporting are vital in your efforts to properly understand the value and return on your social media strategy. If you’re not already doing that, well, it’s time to get on board.
Wouldn’t ya know it – today’s Read is about that exact topic. This awesome blog from Buffer will get you ready to record and report on your social media analytics!
Their tips (linked for easy navigation):
- Create quick reports with spreadsheets
- Set benchmarks for your performance. Without these, how do you know what good engagement is?
- Measure total engagement. This is the sum of all interactions on your posts.
- Add context to the data you pull. Data is good. Data with context is great!
- Find out your best time to post. Plenty of advice on this all over the web, but you should test and see what works best for you.
- Reuse your top posts
- Engage influencers who shared your content