Got something good? Put a pin in it. 📌 Instagram has a new feature for pinning posts and reels at the top of a profile’s grid. Great! Now, how do you do it? What should you pin?
Let’s Start with the Basics:
- You get three pinned posts at a time.
- You have to remove pinned posts manually or replace them with another pinned post.
- Posts are pinned in the order you pin them, not the age of the post.
How to Pin Posts:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app.
- Find the post you want to pin and open it. Tap the three-dot menu in the upper-right corner. Select the “Pin to Your Profile” option.
- Follow the exact same process for Reels***
- To unpin, use the same process and choose the option that should have changed to “Unpin from Profile.”
***Note: ❌ You CANNOT pin Reels that are not posted to your profile grid. If you’ve published a Reel to the Reels tab only and opted not to add it to your profile grid, you won’t have the option to pin it.
What to Pin:
Like we said, you only get three posts. You don’t have to use all three, but you do have to make sure these posts are aligning with your current marketing plan and decide how often you want to rotate them. Content that is good to pin:
- Promotions and limited-time offers.
- Timely spotlights on content, products, or people.
- Introductory content explaining something about your company.
- Your favorite UGC.
Check out the full post by Social Media Examiner for more pinned post ideas!