TikTok proved that it’s here to stay and sourcing trends left and right. The video platform released their Year on TikTok: 2021-of-a-kind report. This recap lets you recall all the audio, entertainment, and advertising twists and turns that have happened along the way this year.
Let’s breakdown the biggest happenings in the world of TikTok in 2021:
- In 2021, over 1 billion people tuned into TikTok.
- For You feeds showed all sorts of diversity in content, but global trending content included comedy, food, and family videos.
- Breaking down those family videos further: animals, significant other posts, and cute kids ruled those joy-bringing categories.
- The music industry is shaped by TikTok and TikTok is shaped by audio. Some music is even altered to fit in with TikTok trends, and maximize sales with remixes.
- TikTok celebrates the HECK out of their creators and is very creator-friendly as a platform. Lifestyle, technology, education, and fashion communities saw the most global creator growth.
- It’s advertising-friendly, too. TikTok is a major source for retail and influencer markets with over 6 billion views of #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt.
- TikTok’s tech boundaries have been pushed all year and their technology is only growing. They even added a new Q&A feature at the release of this report called “Ask on TikTok.”
We hope your brand isn’t missing out on this platform! TikTok broke down their stats and deets by US market and then globally. See their full report for all the trends, top videos, and creators they listed.