Are you using YouTube solely as a video hosting platform?
If your account is basically a brand video graveyard, you’re missing out on the potential for video ROI, brand awareness, traffic, and audience growth.
Success on YouTube requires iteration, consistency, engagement, and topicality, rather than a “set it and forget it” approach. Here’s how to revive your channel:
- Conduct a channel audit. You can download a list of your uploads by navigating to Analytics > Content > Advanced Mode.
- Measure analytics. Take stock of how long viewers watch, what percentage of the video they view, and where the audience drops off, skips forward, or rewatches.
- Diversify content. Keep brand videos to a minimum, instead opting for blog videos answering a question or addressing a topic, testimonials, how-tos and demos, webinars and roundtables, and product feature videos.
- Engage with your community. Promptly and respond to feedback, answer comments and questions, and encourage discussion.
- Optimize videos. Just as you would for your website SEO—conduct keyword research, refine your video’s metadata (title, description, tags), and add a human-centric thumbnail.
- Maintain consistency. Set a realistic upload schedule and stick to it.
- Collaborate with others. Cross-promo, influencer collaboration, and guest appearances increase your channel visibility.
Check out more at Search Engine Land.