TikTok is great at providing marketers with educational resources for its platform. They recently published a holiday marketing guide. It provides some insights into user engagement trends around the holidays, and tips for planning content.
We wanted to share some of our favorite bit-sized bits of the guide.
Key dates to keep in mind:
- Nov 24 Thanksgiving
- Nov 24 Black Friday
- Nov 26 Small Business Saturday
- Nov 28 Cyber Monday
- Dec 18 Hanukkah
- Dec 24 Christmas Eve
- Dec 25 Christmas Day
- Dec 26 Kwanzaa
- Dev 26-31 End of Year promotions
- Dec 31 New Year’s Eve
- Jan 1 New Year’s Day
- Jan 1-30 New Year’s sales + resolutions
Planning for your campaigns:
A Breakdown of different TikTok formats:
TikTok provides several tools and templates to help marketers out. Here are tips of when to use each tool based on the type of content you want to share:
- Smart Video: Generally used for combining videos, photos, or both.
- Smart Text: Great when you don’t know what to use for captions.
- Smart Video Soundtracks: Get music inspo right from the source.
- Quick Optimization: Automatically create “TikTok-style” video formats.
- Asset Analysis Report: TikTok’s analytics for all of your creative performance data.
There’s also an overview of TikTok’s various ad options, and how to make best use of each plus key planning tips and approaches. So go ahead and grab this guide for yourself by smashing the button below.