Now, we all know that there is nothing set in stone with it comes to social media. But that doesn’t mean it hurts to know what is working for thousands of other brands. Sprout Social audited these thousands of accounts so you don’t have to.
Here’s what they found:
- Overall social media engagement is highest during mid-week mornings (9 or 10 a.m.).
- The worst day to post on social media is Sunday.
- TikTok isn’t included in this report, but TikTok has said themselves that they reward frequency so you gotta just keep on testing content when you can.
Best times to post on Facebook:
- Mid-mornings or early (we’re talking the wee hours) during the week.
- There’s an uptick in engagement on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and noon.
- The worst day to post on Facebook is Saturday.
Best times to post on Instagram:
- Mondays at 11 a.m.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Thursdays and Fridays 10 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- There’s also increased engagement on evenings and weekends.
Best times to post on Twitter:
- Mid mornings and middays throughout the week.
- But with the nature of Twitter, the faster you react to something, the higher your engagement can be.
- The worst day to post on Twitter is Sunday.
Best times to post on LinkedIn:
- Engagement on LinkedIn is highest during the US workweek, 10 a.m. to noon, and doesn’t extend too far out past 6 p.m.
- Weekend engagement drops significantly.
- The best days to post on LinkedIn are Wednesdays and Thursdays.
What’s been working for your posting schedule? Maybe it’s time to revisit the timing around your posts. Check out the full report for more stats and tidbits from Sprout Social.