Amazon Ads offer a unique, product-focused advantage for ecommerce advertisers. While Google Ads promises a broader reach, Amazon Ads present the following opportunities:
- Higher conversion rates. Most U.S. product searches occur on Amazon, leading to significantly higher conversion rates—up to 15% compared to just 5% with Google Ads.
- Easy attribution and tracking. Amazon Ads’ integrated approach, complete with product data, reviews, videos, and customer trust, makes it a breeze for advertisers to map the customer journey from keywords to sales.
- Drive rankings. Unlike Google, Amazon’s unofficial policy suggests that Sponsored Ads can influence organic rankings by driving more buyers to listings, increasing sales, and improving sell-through rates.
- Long-term value. Amazon Ads not only boost sales and rankings but also generate reviews, akin to links for Google SEO, making it a tangible investment in your Amazon presence, unlike Google Ads, which Google explicitly keeps separate from organic rankings.
- Marketplace dominance. Google’s “Unfair Advantage” policy limits advertisers to one listing per keyword, while Amazon allows a single advertiser to command a significant portion of the search results page, granting more real estate control.
Check out Search Engine Land for more on Amazon Ads.