To craft a successful keyword strategy, carefully consider these three data points:
- Volume. This is the number of times a keyword is searched for in a specific time frame. High volume keywords can attract significant organic traffic, but you’ll want to balance them out with other niche, low-volume keywords that have less competition.
- Difficulty. This measures how challenging it is to rank for a keyword based on factors like competition, SERP features, etc. Aim to stay within 10 points of your current domain authority.
- Intent. This is the art of SEO—identifying the purpose behind a search query. Intent can be…
- Informational: Seeking answers and solutions.
- Navigational: Seeking a specific website or brand.
- Commercial: Seeking product comparisons, reviews, and pricing in order to consider a purchase.
- Transactional: Seeking to make a purchase.
Check out best practices for each data point at Search Engine Land.