Here’s the thing about professional bios: no one likes writing them and no one likes reading them. Your bio is meant to introduce and represent you to your colleagues and clients, but it often reduces you to a sleepy list of jobs and skills and organizations. Inject some humanity into your professional bio with some personal trivia—and if you can’t think of a fun fact on the fly, here’s thirteen prompts to get you started:
- Your childhood.
- Your dream occupation.
- Your first car.
- Your hidden talents.
- Your proudest accomplishments.
- What you learned from your biggest mistake.
- The most unusual item in your office.
- Your favorite sports team.
- Your pet.
- Your guilty pleasure.
- Your high school yearbook superlative.
- Your best friend.
- What’s on your bucket list.
Check out the full post on Entrepreneur for more inspiration on the professional bio.