We know our subject line says “talk dirty,” but we draw the line at sleazy.
Per a Copyblogger podcast we featured a few days ago, we touched on some people’s apprehension to marketing, for fear of being “unethical.” If you do it right, that just won’t be the case. Take Mark, for example. He puts the “mark” in “marketing,” and he’s the nicest one in the office.
Anyway, seems like more and more strategies out there are making a point to avoid the sleaze factor. It’s an old advertising stigma marketers want to squash. So let’s get to it then. Today’s Listen is chock full of awesome tools and ways to win more business, but without being gross about it.
- (00:35) How an email service provider helps send good content and increase business in a non-sleazy way.
- (01:02) Why you should reach out to customers and other companies the old-fashioned way—individually.
- (01:05) WebinarJam allows you to promote a product or service through “educating” clients. See why the hosts consider WebinarJam *the best service.*
- (02:50) Why Intercom or Drift are the best services for offering live chat on a site. You can read more about Drift in today’s Read, too!
- (04:26) Tubebuddy allows you to schedule posts on Facebook and is a great YouTube analytics tool. (Also has a great name.)
- (05:45) Don’t forget the value of personalized messages and quirky content.
- (06:35) MixMax is an email follow-up tool that can schedule email sequences! See why Neil Patel swears by it.
- (07:24) “The fortune is in the follow-up.”
- (07:47) Supermetrics makes it easy to set up good-looking reports that make sense.
Ah…don’t you love those short ‘n’ sweet podcasts on a Friday?