TikTok is ever-growing as both the ultimate zeitgeist and advertising platform. Music and audio bits are now referenced every day. It can be hard to put a number on just how much of a cultural impact something has, but TikTok is taking a swing at it!
In their latest data round-up, they put an analysis together on just how much influence the app has on sound, music, and culture. Sonic branding is becoming more and more essential to your marketing strategy. TikTok has seen trends and brands rise from challenges, memes, current ads, and sounds that can act as today’s jingles. Don’t believe it? See the big stats TikTok is sporting.
When brands feature songs that users like in their videos:
- 68% of users say they remember the brand better.
- 67% of users would prefer to see videos from brands featuring trending songs on TikTok.
- 62% say they’re curious to learn about the brand.
- 58% say they feel a stronger connection to the brand.
- 58% of users also say they’re more likely to talk about the brand or share the ad.
As for the cultural impact:
- 72% of users agree that they associate certain songs with TikTok.
- 71% of users believe the biggest trends start on TikTok.
- 70% of users believe TikTok communities have the power to create change in culture.
- 43% of users try something or go somewhere new after seeing it at least once on TikTok.
These were some of our favorite stats, but check out TikTok’s full report for more findings.