Customer intelligence (CI) is the collection and analysis of patterns within customer data in order to:
- Predict behavior.
- Identify trends and opportunities.
- Improve customer experiences.
- Increase loyalty and satisfaction.
Customer intelligence platforms can collate CRM and ERP data, social and web analytics, email marketing data, and data from other sources. This infrastructure allows marketers to segment customers, identify patterns, analyze predictive analytics, and understand customer behavior and preferences.
Benefits of strategically collecting, analyzing, and executing against CI include:
- More precise segmentation
- Higher engagement
- Competitive advantage
- Insights into product development
- Lower churn
- Personalized customer experience
- Measurable ROI
Check out the Meltwater blog for examples of CI in action.