How important is it to report your marketing qualified leads? “Demand Gen Chat” is a podcast produced by Chili Piper and is a biweekly show that breaks down how marketing leaders drive revenue. It’s hosted by Kaylee Edmondson, Chili Piper’s Senior Director of Demand Generation. They had a recent episode called “MQL Purgatory, Nailing that PM Fit, & The Discipline of Attribution” with Ben Pollack, Head of Growth Marketing at ChartHop.
Like the title says, marketers often get sucked into a black hole of reporting MQL purgatory. Ben Pollack suggests to stop reporting them and focus on the big picture of your pipeline.
Kaylee and Ben talk shop on a gambit of marketing know-how including demand gen, measuring success, and marketing funnels. The big topics include:
- How B2B marketing teams can get out of MQL purgatory and start getting measured on pipeline.
- Walking the fine line between directly attributable paid spend so input equals output, allowing new creative stock to build the brand.
- How the marketing team at ChartHop found product-market fit.
- The power of customer evangelism.
- How to handle your first few touchpoints after ad engagement.
- Why marketers with the best intentions often misuse attribution (and what we should consider doing instead).
- The importance of testing while still following your gut.
Check out the full 42 minute conversation on the latest “Demand Gen Chat” episode.