Employee-generated content (EGC) is content created or shared by your brand’s best advocates: your employees.
Here’s why you should include EGC in your content strategy:
- On average, employees have 10x more followers than a brand’s account.
- Employee-shared content gets 8x more engagement than content shared through branded channels.
- Employee posts get re-shared up to 24x more than a branded post.
- 92% of consumers trust people they know for referrals above any other source.
- 93% of consumers find UGC to be helpful when making a purchasing decision.
- The use of UGC results in 29% higher web conversions than campaigns without it.
- Customer reviews are trusted up to 12x more than marketing content.
- Consumers find UGC 9x more impactful than influencer content.
- 86% of Millennials trust that UGC accurately reflects a product’s or brand’s quality.
- Millennials think UGC is 35% more memorable than other types of content.
- And 84% of millennials stated UGC had an influence on their decision to purchase.
- 90% of consumers say authenticity is important when deciding which brands to support.
- 70% of consumers place peer recommendations above professional copy.
Take a closer look at the pros and cons of EGC, best practices, and examples at Post Beyond.