Be in the Know
- Your new favorite holiday tradition might be building a gingerbread dive bar and Miller High Life has the kit
- Chiptole makes cilantro soap for their ever-growing merch store and explains their avocado upcycling
- Playboy named Cardi B as their Creative Director and founding member of their new creator-led platform called “CENTERFOLD”
- Hims released a “Sexmas” ad about erectile dysfunction and it was created by Maximum Effort, Ryan Reynolds’s ad agency
Choosing Keywords for Google Ads: How to Find Yours
Choosing the right keywords for Google Ads so you can build an effective ad campaign is one of the most important decisions you can make in marketing. Keywords won’t just determine how much traffic an ad can bring in – they’ll also determine the quality of the leads you generate.
That said, finding the right keywords for your next ad campaign isn’t always straightforward and it can be easy to fall into some marketing traps that can hurt the effectiveness of your keywords.
Keyword “traps” to avoid
- Assuming how customers search: Using words that describe your brand? Great! But what words are customers actually searching for that would relate to your products or serves? Always think like a customer for the best keyword relevance.
- Being too broad: Have a game plan for your ad campaigns so they focus on a certain product or section of your business makes it easier to get specific. Plus, you get to build out better phrase combinations.
- Not worrying about negative keywords: Knowing what keywords not to use is half the battle! They are a great way to filter out unqualified leads.
Using the right keyword tools
There are a lot of keyword-helping tools out there and Metigy has an SME platform that can help break down the process of creating Google Ads every step of the way. They have AI recommendations that will help you capitalize on missed opportunities through keyword and audience suggestions.
Check out the full Metigy blog post for more examples and details on keywords for your Google Ads.
Q for You
Upgrade your carousel posts with a custom, seamless, scrolling image gallery. SCRL is a helpful iPhone app to layer your camera-roll pictures across multiple frames in your canvas to create a compelling narrative. You can add text overlays and GIFs, access free Unsplash stock photos, or change background colors to make your own scrolls and frames. They also have templates and you can customize the canvas size to fit stories. Try it out for your next multi-image post!
Sponsor the Carnage
Wanna be featured in The Daily Carnage? Let’s see what you got.
Our audience includes professionals looking for the latest tips in this crazy world of marketing we love so much. We have a variety of sponsorship opportunities for brands that have helpful tools, marketing insights, or strategies to know.
Think you have something share-worthy? Hit us up!
To the Moon
Can you imagine looking at Earth from the moon, seeing your home planet thousands of miles away? Do you think that sight would ever get old? E-Trade says it sure would if you haven’t got the rest of your retirement plans together. We kinda love the idea of a jaded astronaut still going at it.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.”