Brand History Time
Top Posts of the Week
- Figma has been acquired by Adobe and its users are very vocal about it
- See how brands are making their own trending sounds to cater to TikTok and video content consumption
- Franzia Wine made its halloween costumes even better by offering dog sizes
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade is paying you to take vacation days with an “MTO” campaign
What We Learned
Monday: Consumers now expect companies to use their data in an ethical way. So are you sure (like really, really sure) that your automations and AI use are ethical and bias-free? Merkle shared a blog post on the high-level best practices for how to use Ethical AI.
Tuesday: When do you know it’s time for rebranding? Building a brand takes a lot of consideration for exterior and interior forces like design trends, your brand’s offerings, and location(s) you serve. Vistaprint put together 6 reasons that it’s time for a brand to rebrand. It all starts with one question:
Wednesday: Timing is everything. SMMs and anyone looking to optimize their posts are always asking “when is the best time of day to post?” Well, luckily Mention and Hubspot put together a social media engagement report using the data of over 100 million posts to help answer that.
Thursday: Moosend put The Daily Carnage in its spotlight and pointed out 19 email best practices we do everyday with our newsletter. Check it out to see if you’re missing any good tips for your own emails.
Join the Conversation
Deanna shared, “Normally, when I decide to unsubscribe, I don’t fall for cute “Are you sure?” messages. But Drizzly got me. I can’t hurt the cute dog-in-glasses’ feelings.”
Jamie posted, “Have you guys been paying attention to the Beyond Meat drama? The memes are everything.” (…Everything and more.)
Devan asked, “MARKETING AGENCY friends
How many of you wireframe inbetween copy and design? Or does that seem like an unnecessary step if you could show a client a home page design as a theme/wireframe?”
Tracy shared, “Try and stop me!!”:
A Gingersnap Cocktail + Cookie Combo
Yesterday marked the first day of fall :’) So might as well make your home smell like it.
1 oz amaretto
1 oz Smirnoff® Vanilla Vodka
3 oz chilled ginger beer
1/2 teaspoon molasses
- Gingersnap cookie mix of your choice
- 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Combine amaretto, vodka, ginger beer, and molasses.
- Stir, add ice, and enjoy with a cookie.
- Prepare cookies as directed by the mix.
- To ice, cook butter over medium-low heat until it turns brown and mix with frosting.
- Lick the spoon and share with no one.
- Drizzle embellishments with icing.
Recipe by Sandra Lee
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1960, Schlitz Beer
Did Ya Know?
What was the original name of Cheerios?
The original name for Cheerios was “Cheerioats.” It was changed in 1945.