Facebook Messenger Blueprints to Acquire More Customers, Leads, & Subscribers
We think Facebook Messenger is underutilized as an engagement platform. It gives you the ability to instant message your prospects. And the best part? You can automate it so that it works 24/7.
The only downside is that people have to opt-in for you to have the ability to message them. You can solve this little problem by running Click to Message ads on Facebook. For real, run a Messenger ad that pushes people to download a piece of content from your Messenger.
Conversion rates on this tactic are crazy high because all the action happens right inside Facebook. Your audience never has to leave the platform. They can opt-in, download, and read/watch your content right in Facebook.
Wondering how you can set up a system like that? No worries, we’ve got the podcast with all the answers for you rrrriiiiiiiiiggghhttt here:
- (03:35) These blueprints require that you use ManyChat. Don’t worry, pricing starts at $0.00 (it’s free for basic functionality).
- (06:39) Click to Message is the ad-type you want to use for this. When setting up the ad, your goal is “Messages.”
- (11:18) ManyChat is a chatbot that allows you to automate interactions with your audience.
- (12:09) Have ManyChat engage with your audience in a way that makes them want to respond. Once they respond, they’re automatically subscribed to your Messenger – meaning you can send them messages, follow up sequences, etc.
- (23:55) The blueprint to deliver a lead-magnet (something like an eBook, blog post, video, ya know).
- (24:40) Use language that straight up sells why a person should download your offer, and tell them that you’ll deliver the offer right in Messenger.
- (26:20) You can also have ManyChat deliver audio, PDFs, images, and a bunch of other things.
- (28:11) Get creative with your follow up sequences.
Too many blueprints to cover in this email. Listen to the full podcast for e’erything. Bonus: the link below has images of these blueprints!
The New Facebook Algorithm: Secrets Behind How It Works & What You Can Do To Succeed
Oh yeah, we’re still talking about the new FB algorithm. You know the one—the “meaningful interactions” update that prioritizes posts that create meaningful conversations, especially those from family and friends. Brands might call this the ol’ bait and switch since, originally, they were convinced by Facebook itself to come hang out on the platform. (“The free organic reach is great over here, guys!”) Now, businesses will reach a much smaller percentage of their audience.
Wipe the sweat from your brow, folks. Buffer is here with everything you need to know about how the Facebook algorithm works, plus what marketers and brands can do to thrive on Facebook in 2018.
We’re gonna jump past how it works, so we can get right to the top ranking factors and actionable takeaways for brands.
Top Ranking Factors in the Facebook Algorithm:
So long the days of clicking and watching. Facebook wants active interactions, favoring commenting, sharing, and reacting (in that order).
- Commenting: AKA, page posts that generate conversation between people will show higher in News Feed. But! Don’t use “engagement bait” to goad people into commenting—posts will be demoted in the News Feeds as a result.
- Sharing: There are 2 types of sharing: People sharing links and content within Messenger and engagement with a publisher post shared by a friend. It’s important to understand that it’s no longer enough just to have someone share your posts. FB will now favor shared posts that create conversations among friends.
- Reacting: While not as strong as comments or shares, reactions remain a form of “active engagement” that will help brands’ posts reach more people within the News Feed.
What Brands Can Do to Succeed on Facebook:
- Focus on content that connects people. Instead of creating content for your brand, start creating content for the people that will spark enough emotion to generate a comment or share.
- Post content that naturally creates meaningful interactions. Keep in mine Facebook Live videos perform better than everything!
- Activate niche communities through Facebook Groups. Groups are the perfect way to build an active and engaged community around topics, issues, and causes that they care about.
There is so much more where that came from. Definitely worth the read.
Off the Wall
It might be a frosty, Winter Olympics in South Korea, but, during the event, Coca-Cola debuted a tale of characters escaping the heat. In their latest, multimedia spot, heat-stricken locals in a concrete jungle chug ice-cold Cokes to battle the sweat on their brow. But, wait—the colorful, quirky characters plastering the buildings want to be refreshed, too!
Once the group spots a trio of Coca-Cola’s on a billboard in the distance, a fanciful stop-action journey begins, as the painted creatures leap across walls and buildings to quench their thirst. All the while, a familiar, frenetic tune plays in the background, as if a larger-than-life ballet performs across the skyline.
“The hard part isn’t coming up with a new idea. The hard part is falling out of love with the old idea.”