Be in the Know
- Pete Davidson is the new face (and other parts) of Manscaped, and he’s pretty good at making taglines
- Google will be spinning off its ad-tech into a different division, in the face of regulations, and we’re anticipating changes
- Remember LimeWire and Napster?? LimeWire has relaunched into an NFT marketplace
- See some of the messy practices going on with influencer marketing and TikTok
How People Read
Our minds work in amazing ways – especially in how we make sense of visuals. The way we communicate through text isn’t as simple as presenting a paragraph of content. We are visual creatures who require a little stimulation and interest to gain our full reading attention.
Chris Do put together a helpful guide on how we digest typography. Here are some interesting tips on text treatments and how we read content:
- ALL CAPS is great for emphasis, but caps do require a little extra effort to read them. It’s rarely advised to use it for body copy.
- Humans will recognize the shape of words before actually reading letters.
- You can reduce the amount of letters to represent a word to make words easier to read (with the right context around it).
This guide is a preview of Chris Do’s full Typography 01 course. We wanted to share the conversation continued about the guide that Chris shared on LinkedIn.
Some conversation around typography:
- We need better typography with writers who understand how important it is to have a designer or production designer involved with establishing type that is legible, depending on color and placement for users.
- When you find yourself in a “chicken or egg” situation with copy or design first – start with copy.
- When you emphasize everything, nothing is emphasized. So keep that in mind for your font weights, as well as capitalization.
Visuals do it best! Check out the full post by Chris Do that includes the full pocket guide with text examples.
Q for You
Bambu by Sprout Social
Bambu is a pretty handy tool by your social media friends at Sprout Social. It’s an employee advocacy platform that provides a simple way to share curated, pre-approved content across their social networks. That makes it easier to plan an employee advocacy strategy while also providing a customized, streamlined experience for employees to participate.
Get Opinions for Yourself
We love seeing the results of the Polls we ask you each day.
Want to quiz or question your own audience? Use Scalemail Polls!
It’s a our easy polling tool that can be baked into your email so you can gain insights, test content, entertain, and engage your audience right at the source.
Want to see how it integrates with your email or newsletter? Let us show you!
Take the Floor
Who knew rugs could make such a difference in your life? Ruggable is a brand that makes washable rugs. The company released this ad encouraging people to break the rules. Don’t let them get you down! Ruggable wants to make sure your spaces have no rules, where you can be colorful, clumsy, and worry-free.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past