Be in the Know
- Tweet your Valentine’s first date to Truly for their Valentine’s contest
- Who needs a main squeeze when you can squeeze a giant KFC chicken sandwich pillow by Pillow Pets?
- Cameo is now offering NFT memberships on top of their celebrity messages
- Which number is smaller? 80 or 64? Answer this little math Q from Miller Lite and you could win a prize
Personify Your Product: Humanize Your Brand Through TikTok
Do you want to put a face to a (brand) name? PLANOLY released a new part to their PLANOLY Presents series. In this episode, Zaria Parvez, Social Media Coordinator of Duolingo, shares how to humanize your brand through social video. Zaria and Duolingo have done a great job of turning their TikTok content into a huge, follow-worthy account, so she knows a thing or two about it.
There’s more to social media than a set formula. To reach people in a personal way, you have to use social media like them.
- Consume like a user and a marketer – Check out viral videos, trends, and read newsletters to understand what people are doing right.
- Stop trying to sell your product. Have fun instead! Put entertainment first to build audience trust.
- TikTok demands a lot of content and frequency from the start (Duolingo started with twice a day).
- Take breaks if you’re feeling burnt out. Crappy content doesn’t help anyone.
- Engage with your (and other TikTok) comments to feed your brand’s TikTok personality.
But if we had to name a formula…use Flicker, Flash, Flare:
Flicker Content: This is produced quickly and often follows trends.
- Hot Tip: If an audio has more than 30k video views, it’s up and coming
- Keep checking the discover page for trends.
Flash Content: This is more episodic content.
- More on the branded side and can be product-focused to a point.
- Requires a lot of build-up to make a character ecosystem (you can’t jump right in).
Flare Content: These are more large-scale campaigns or challenges.
- Not recommended until you’ve gained a following (though some brands have used partnerships to use other account audiences).
Wanna keep up with more social media insights? There are still two more live workshops from PLANOLY on February 9th and 16th. Don’t miss out and register for them today!
Q for You
TikTok Font Generator
Ever wondered how people get those funky and fancy fonts on their TikTok? Add some of your own with this TikTok Font Generator by Text Generator. Just type the text you would like to format, copy the result you like, and paste it into your TikTok draft.
It’s free and easy, so give it a shot for yourself.
Advertise with us!
Wanna see your brand or tool in The Daily Carnage?
We love sharing the best of the best with our readers. If you have grade-A content, apps, software, or tricks to share with us, hit us up! We have several sponsorship options available.
Ready to Have Your Mind Popped?
Pringles is making a case for our evolution being tied to Pringles. The universe is kinda shaped like a chip (or any other blob type thing), Pringles fit perfectly to our tongues, and even our DNA kinda looks like a chip.
We’re not scientists, but to validate all of that – the message has been endorsed by the talking bust of Charles Darwin. Who are we to say otherwise?
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1969, Champu Sindo
“The strength of your social media is determined by the strength of your content.”