Be In The Know
- Google Ads Salesperson Alleged to Link Organic Ranking to Ad Spend
- YouTube Shares 3 Keyword Research Tips For Videos
- Boosting Your Brand Through Social Media Engagement [Infographic]
- Will the Capitol Riots Prompt a Re-Think as to How Social Platforms Address Free Speech?
Social Media Trends You Need to Know in 2021
It’s amazing how trends take hold. Not so long ago we saw the rise of cupcakeries, juicing, hot yoga, and escape rooms. During the pandemic, the trend has been precisely not to escape our rooms and homes. Who would have thought!
Adding to the mounting trends are new and improved social media channels. Here are some of the social media trends you need to know in 2021 according to Convince & Convert.
- Companies Will Need to Address Social Media Team Burnout. Social media doesn’t clock out at 5:00 PM. It’s a 24/7/365 deal. Not every company has the same capacity to deal with it all. Amidst the pandemic, 88% of social media marketers in higher education feel work is harder due to the pandemic, and almost half feel they lack proper support or resources for managing mental health.
- Fee-based Fan Communities Will Grow. While people flock to social media sites, it’s often the niche communities within them that they stick to. Facebook Groups and subreddits are prime examples. Taking this a step further are social media sites and features charging fees for access to exclusive content.
- Building Trust Through Content Delivered By and Featuring Humans. Trust is a key component in almost any business. It’s hard to build trust when people can’t relate to you or your brand. For this reason, it’s imperative to create and share relatable content featuring real people. This will better establish your business and your products as legitimate solutions to actual problems people are facing. At the end of the day, you’re talking to regular people.
- Influencers Will Become Vital in B2B, not Just B2C. Social media is chaotic, and it takes a lot of effort to cut through the mix. While many B2B brands rely on social media to share content, only a few are utilizing the power of influencers. Keep micro and macro-influencers in your court to spread your message via individuals your audience already follows and trusts.
Keep reading for even more!
Recommendations are important for many of the decisions we make. We want to know we’re headed in the right direction, and recommendations help steer us. Metigy gives you the recommendations you need to step up your social media.
This AI-assisted tool helps you grow your followers and reach new people simply by analyzing your content and making recommendations. Receive suggested articles to help you improve your skills, learn about optimal posting times, and even see which posts could use a boost.
Bad Day at Big Pizza
Big industries tend to dominate the various facets of our lives. For better or for worse, money, power, and influence go a long way. This is much of the concern when two large corporations merge, or even when a large company expands to new industries (we’re looking at you, KFC, with your new KFConsole.)
Little Caesars recognizes the threat of Big Pizza in this ad that looks as if it was filmed inside Dr. Evil’s lair. While the Domino’s dominion and the powerful and popular Papa John seek to reign unchecked, Little Caesars fights to protect our wallets.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1925, Adams Gum
“Nobody reads ads. People read what interests them. Sometimes, it’s an ad.”
Howard Luck Gossage