Top Posts of the Week
- What’s Happening to Paid Media Performance During COVID-19
- YouTube launches a free, DIY tool for businesses in need of short video ads
- 15 Eye-Opening Online Shopping Statistics for 2020
- 4 Landing Page Elements That Will Make or Break Your Page
What We Learned
Monday: Digital marketer gave us four elements that will help improve page conversion performance
- Your offer should be made up of these four critical points: clarity, scent, relevance, and visualization.
- The ask or what-to-do-next step.
- People buy from brands they can trust.
- Consider implementing a visual hierarchy.
Tuesday: Team Carney walked through how to align your website with your brand with a case study on our friends at BILT.
Wednesday: Hubspot outlined how to set & achieve marketing objectives in 2020. First, you need the Why, the How, and the What. Then use the SMART framework to add realistic, quantifiable, and focused targets and level up on your goal setting.
Thursday: Content Marketing Institute gave some pointers about building a personal brand after a job loss. Launching a blog, taking to social media, and starting a marketing meetup are just three of the strategies they focused on.
Join The Community
Natasha asked, “Do you have any suggestions for digital marketing/seo/content classes that aren’t super expensive? I’ve done Hubspot Academy, but looking for some other courses/certifications to expand on the brain power.”
Erica inquired, “Any suggestions for a small business getting started on YouTube? Best practices, resources, and tips & tricks are all appreciated – thanks in advance!”
Maria is wondering, “What is your favorite OTT ad platform?”
Stacey wants to know, “Does anyone have recent experience with employee advocacy tools (i.e. PostBeyond, Bambu, LinkedIn Elevate, etc.)?”
Pear & Rose Punch
- 1 L Pear Juice
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 4 cardamom pods
- Few slices root ginger
- 25ml raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp rosewater
- 250 ml sparkling water
- Pour the pear juice into a large pan. Add the vanilla pod, golden caster sugar, cardamom pods and root ginger, then bring to a simmer. Leave to cool completely, then strain into a punch bowl or jug.
- Add the raw apple cider vinegar, rosewater and sparkling water. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, thyme, sliced red pear and a handful of frozen redcurrants. Add ice and serve.
Recipe from BBC Good Food
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1973, Delta Air Lines
What fictional fishing company became a restaurant chain after appearing in the 1994 Best Picture Winner?
Bubba Gump Shrimp Company