Be in the Know
- Acura made an anime series to advertise their Type S line and it’s called “Chiaki’s Legacy”
- Irish Spring released a teaser for their first Super Bowl ad
- LinkedIn’s new promotional campaign focuses on the evolving professional environment
- Miller Lite is forgoeing a Super Bowl ad this year in exchange for a virtual Miller metaverse bar
How To Audit Your Backlink Profile (Link Vetting)
Backlinks are great boosters for a site’s searchability and credibility. You can usually get them from syndicated content or reliable guest posting. But not all backlinks are created the same. So, how do you check the quality of one?
Daryl Rosser has a great YouTube channel for SEO education. He put together a 23-minute video on how to audit your backlink profile and screen potential links.
Here’s your helpful checklist to qualify the metrics and value of a link:
- Basic link qualification – Daryl used Ahrefs to check out links on a snapshot level by seeing if the domain rating is over 30 and if it has strong traffic numbers.
- Checking backlinks on backlinks – Not only do you want to see backlinks for your own site, you also want to do this for the sites you are acquiring links from. Usually, you can tell from a list of sites that are “spammy,” irrelevant, or legit just from their URL. If you are seeing huge jumps in backlinks, it’s time to investigate where they could be coming from (comment bots and spammy guest posts being the usual suspects).
- Understanding traffic consistency – To get into the weeds of vetting a new link, you’ll need to see where its traffic is trending. If it’s down-trending, hold off on acquiring that link. If there are wild spikes, even up-trending ones, there might be something fishy going on.
- General site must-haves – If you are looking to get syndicated content from a site, make sure they have a quality site that isn’t a private blog network site (PBN) or has been repurposed.
Check out Daryl’s full video for all the little link deets.
Q for You
When you’re investing in marketing and social media tools, you want everything in one place. Metricool helps you plan your social media content, review your data, and manage your online ad campaigns under one platform. It has some cool features like a Hashtag Tracker and helpful browser extension. See if it’s a good fit for you!
Reach the Right Peeps
The Daily Carnage is a handpicked list of the best marketing content delivered to 30K+ inboxes each day.
But we’re not about reaching the masses, we’re about serving the Carnage community.
Our team partners with brands in the realm of marketing, development, branding, and design that share our subscriber’s values. Do you have some quality content to provide to our people?
Three Cheers for the Regulars
Ready for some warm and fuzzy feelings? Wherever you go in the US, there’s probably an Applebee’s somewhere nearby. They are family restaurants that love to celebrate the communities they are in. This ad shows just that. All businesses depend on their regulars and Applebee’s wants to show their appreciation to their frequent diners.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1962, Log Cabin Syrup
“SEO without content is like an ice cream cone without the ice cream.”