Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of the Week
- How to use data visualization to boost your SEO
- Learn more about Netflix’s ad-supported tier that will include commercial-free content
- Google announced updates to its Search algorithms to highlight more valuable, people-centric content
- The new Rolling Stone logo is a combination of all its favorite typography from past logos
What We Learned
Monday: Ever heard of the “toothpick rule” before? It’s about making small iterations towards a larger goal. Think with Google shared how fear of imperfection is prevent marketers from getting work done and how the toothpick rule can apply to marketing strategies.
Tuesday: Remarketing/retargeting can be an effective paid media tactic that should never be an after though to your ad campaigns. It serves ads to users who have already engaged with your brand, making them more likely to fully convert. Search Engine Journal put together 8 different approaches to your remarketing efforts.
Wednesday: You see that streaming services are expanding their options everywhere, especially in the next year between Netflix and Disney+. But should your brand be investing in CTV and OTT ads? Advantage Solutions gave reasons to invest in streaming ads plus tips on CTV media plans and platform predictions.
Thursday: Data analysis skills do not come easily for everyone, but every marketer needs to have some skills with numbers. Wes Kao posted on LinkedIn with 9 concepts to sharpen your analytical thinking so you can approach data and numbers in a strategic mindset.
Join the Conversation
Lindsey asked, “Does anyone have a tool that they love for checking accessibility on webpages? Particularly looking for something that can test against screen readers on multiple OSs, apps and browsers.”
Moira wrote, “I’m not charging enough money, help me build a fair ask! I’m looking at a side client that a mentor recommended me for. Client is a successful caterer, featured on Food Network competition shows, and long term goal is a food network show.”
Jake posted, “Curious … what frequency do consider to be “too little,” “excessive,” and “just right” with email marketing?”
Will asked, “For small or medium size businesses, What KPIs or metrics do you have for your web analytics? What’s on your regular reporting?”
Peaches and Ice Cream Whiskey Floats 🍑
- 1 1/2 oz whiskey
- 1 peach
- Cream soda
- Vanilla ice cream
- Put on an appropriate jam.
- Purée the peach with a little bit of water.
- In a drinking glass of your choice, combine two tablespoons peach purée, whiskey, and fill close to the top with cream soda, leaving room for one scoop ice cream.
- Add one scoop vanilla ice cream and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Recipy by A Beautiful Mess
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Did Ya Know?
Of these fast food brands, which one has been around the longest?
The brand founded in 1919 as a root beer stand with its first restaurant opening in 1923.
White Castle – 1921
McDonald’s – 1940
Burger King – 1953