Be in the Know
How to Craft the Perfect Words for Social Media Captions
“Copywriting is one of the most essential skills for a marketer to have.”
When it comes to writing copy, there are a lot of moving parts. We’re here to help.
Below are some social-specific copywriting tips to keep you on track.
- Begin your planning with copy (not visuals): Visuals are important (obviously), but what if you started with copywriting first? Copywriter, Karola Karlson follows this four-step process when it comes to featuring copy before visuals.
- Plan what you want to say
- Plan the exact wording
- Develop the post’s design
- Upload and publish your message.
- Pay attention to trending content: We talk a lot about content relevance. The same logic applies to your social copy. Staying on top of social trends will help guide the direction of your copy.
- Use power words: Power words are all about triggering a psychological or emotional response. Here are 5 of the most persuasive words: YOU, FREE, BECAUSE, INSTANTLY, & NEW. We want more, we want more. Ok, here are 189 more power words. Have fun.
- Try some proven copywriting formulas: Buffer did a knock out job on this one, so just head over to this link and get out your notepads.
Make Your Products Look Good
Create stunning product images in minutes with Glorify.
What we like:
- Quick & effective
- No learning curve
- Free creative assets
- Background removal tool
Watch Netflix Offline
“Stranded with no Wifi? It’s switching time. To a Chromebook that lets you watch Netflix offline.”