Did Ya Know?
Top Posts of the Week
- (The most important news this week) Yik Yak is back! The anonymous messaging social media network is back after a 4 year hiatus
- VFC, a vegan chicken brand, puts the chop on “plant-based” in their vocabulary and brand messaging
- Target is releasing it own pet food brand called Kindfull and it’s got some cute packaging
- Twitter is adjusting its redesign and custom font for better accessibility after user complaints
What We Learned
Monday: There’s always a need to try new things and test new methods in marketing strategies. Here are the 5 stages to conducting your own marketing experiments: hypothesize a change, research other instances, establish your measurements, execute your experiment, and analyze your results.
Tuesday: Brand love doesn’t come easy. See how so many beauty brands are maintaining their customer relationships by following 11 potential positive impacts on their consumers and followers.
Wednesday: Get that data in gear! NinjaCat has the playbook for Measuring the Metrics that Matter so you get the most out of your marketing. The steps to reaching data harmony:
- Get all of your platforms talking the same language.
- Understand your brand goals vs the little things that add up to them.
- Optimize your data visualization for every team.
Thursday: HypeBeast gave an overview of space marketing as it stands, future opportunities, and the brands that are already blasting off into orbit with space-related campaigns. Plus, Virgin Galactic is giving you and your chance to win a trip to space and become a part of commercial space travel history!
Join the Conversation
Lauren asked, “Who has left their job without anything lined up and has positive stories to share? 🥴 Or anyone that can help me navigate this extreme burnout?”
Arianna posted, “What are some unique/cool promo items for Gen Z?”
Dustin wrote, “Question! If your website has pages that are only accessible via the ‘Search’ function, are those considered unlinked or ‘orphan’ pages? Or because they are searchable are they technically ‘linked’ pages? Asking for SEO purposes.”
Katie shared, “What’s one cool thing you have come to find in the marketing world? I love FlipSnack!”
Not a Poloma (and Not Fall Yet)
Also, we can’t stop won’t stop drinking gin.
- 1 part dry gin
- 2 parts grapefruit juice
- 1/4 part agave syrup
- Top with soda/sparkling water
1. Add gin, grapefruit juice, and agave into a high ball.
2. Stir it real good.
3. Fill with ice and top with soda water.
4. Give it a gentle stir to ensure all ingredients are mixed together.
5. Garnish with grapefruit wedge because you’re extra.
Recipe by Beefeater Gin
Shoot Our Shot
Heyyyy. We’re Carney.
We are the digital agency behind The Daily Carnage, the newsletter made by marketers for marketers. We love websites, branding, full-scale campaigns.
You name it, we crush it.
But enough about us, we want to hear about you! Let’s talk 😉
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1960, Campbell’s Soup (on the rocks)
What was Google’s original name?
Isn’t crazy what a brand name can become? “Let me just Brackrub that for you” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.