Be in the Know
- The internet just noticed this Volkswagen Italy Instagram handle – so here is your reminder to choose handles carefully
- Hot Pockets released these cargo shorts with hot and cold pockets for your on-the-go snacking
- What brands can learn from Balenciaga’s ad crisis (hint: your approval processes better be thorough)
- This year’s Cyber Monday was HUGE with record-breaking Shopify numbers
5 Steps to Get Ahead of Your Competitors on Instagram
Instagram is a great resource to build brand awareness. Unfortunately, there are a lot of other brands trying to do the same thing. So how do you beat them out? Let’s break down the steps you need to take to get ahead of the crowd.
Step 1 – Get a Sense of Industry Standards
The best part of performing a competitive analysis for Instagram is that it is entirely customizable based on your brand’s needs. That means you choose the metrics you’d like to track. Each industry approaches social media differently so see what the top leaders are doing in your industry as far as posting cadence, content type, creative style, followers, engagement rate, and audience growth.
Step 2 – Who is your Competition?
If you are looking for new fish to fry or trying to discover competition you weren’t aware of, there are a few things you can do.
- Track the relevant hashtags and topics to your brand and note what brands are showing up within the feed.
- Get an Instagram Competitive Analysis to collect data and insights on what those competitor accounts are doing on Instagram.
Step 3 – Have the Right Tools
As far as social media tools go, you need something powerful to handle analytics as well. Dash Hudson offers advanced social media publishing and strategy features, competitive insights included. Not only can you gather insights and benchmark against competitors and industry leaders, but you can also get visual intelligence insights for improving your content more strategically.
Step 4 – Steal a Little, in the Name of Better Content
Start by identifying any gaps in your content in comparison to your competitors. What can you replicate better? Develop a content creation plan with your team that uses inspiration from some of these content gaps while adding experimentation of your own. Remember that users aren’t looking for carbon copies of brands they already follow. They’re looking for content that does it better.
Learn more about gaining competitive insights and benchmarking on Instagram from Dash Hudson.
Q for You
Dash Hudson Social Media Engagement & Scheduling
What does your current social content planning look like? Most platforms offer basic calendars with under-whelming measurement tools. If you need to create and manage your entire social media strategy in one place, check out Dash Hudson.
Dash Hudson has an advanced suite of best-in-class, multi-channel social media management workflow tools that will streamline your day-to-day tasks so you can focus on the bigger picture.
Your social media management should be MORE than just a calendar.
Social media planning with Dash Hudson:
- AI-powered content analysis
- Influencer program and partnership management
- Advanced multi-brand + multi-channel dashboards
- Actionable social analytics + monitoring
- A collaborative scheduling and publishing platform
- Link in bio + shopping tools
- Competitive insights + industry benchmarks
- Cross-channel campaign management
- Community management + single-view social inbox
Get started with a Dash Hudson demo and upgrade your social media management tools.
A few of our favorite things...
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, strategy, content, design, development, marketing, and analytics.
So when the dog bites, the bee stings, or you’re unsure how to tackle a marketing plan, simply remember: Carney is here to make things happen.
Pour Some Sugar On Me
Earlier this year, the UK reported one of it’s hottest days at 109°F (43°C). Magnum jumped on this chance to create ads in the form of melted, swirling chocolate and cream to show a sweet treat for the heat. While the ads themselves were static posters, this video case study shows the results. It continues with satisfying and flowy visuals that make a Magnum bar look irresistible.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past