Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of the Week
What We Learned
Monday: In honor of Valentine’s Day, we wanted to cover the subject of marketing holidays. VirTasktic gave the official guide for unofficial holiday marketing that covered why you should (or shouldn’t) market on holidays. Plus, they have planning tips and templates.
Tuesday: Canva is a marketer’s best friend. The platform has so many features that you many not know about everything it has to offer. Canva Pro comes with several that make a marketer’s life so much easier including:
- Content Planner where you can design, collaborate, and schedule content as a team.
- Magic Resize so your posts are ready to share in any size, for any social platform, with one design.
- Brand Kit to keep your designs under your brand standards with custom fonts, colors, and logos.
Wednesday: Before making any marketing moves, you have to start with the “who.” But how? Easy Affiliate gave us the 4 steps to finding your target audience profile. They include examples of what profiles can look like and details for each step along the way to making your own.
Thursday: We need more stats…STAT! Mention & Hubspot’s 2022 Instagram Engagement Report is here and pulls data from 110+ million Instagram posts. Check out the latest trends and insights to inform your Instagram strategy for 2022 and beyond.
Join the Conversation
Evan wrote, “I’m finding myself leading a team now! (Yay! Also, YIKES) What advice would you give for running a marketing team?”
Megan asked, “Besides the classics of LinkedIn and Indeed, can anyone recommend other places they’ve had success for a job search?”
Jillian posted, “I am considering switching from Hootsuite to Canva Pro for scheduling clients’ social media posts. If anyone has made this jump, I would love it if you would share your experience: the good, the bad, the weird, and the ugly…. please! And thank you!
Ale shared, “IKEA UK SMM, you here?? 👏👏👏”
Sweetheart Martini (A Heartini?) ❤️
What else are you going to do with all those leftover Sweetheart candies?
- 1 oz. (30ml) Strawberry Vodka
- 1 oz. (30ml) White Chocolate Liqueur
- 1 Splash Strawberry Liqueur
- 2 oz. (60ml) Strawberry Milk
- Those weird, chalky heart candies
- Line edge of glass with Sweeheart candies.
- In an ice-filled shaker combine strawberry vodka, white chocolate liqueur, strawberry milk and strawberry liqueur.
- Shake well!
- Strain mix into glass.
Recipe by Tispy Bartender
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
What was 7-Up’s mascot?
c. A ball named “Spot”
Yup. Remember that? 7-Up took the red spot between the ‘7’ and the ‘Up’ of their logo and made “Cool Spot” the mascot. The guy had arms, legs, white gloves, white shoes, and sunglasses (because he was cool).