Hope y’all have a blast this weekend. Stay safe and stay tuned for The Daily Carnage on Tuesday!
Top Posts of the Week
- The Most Common Website Mistakes Affecting Your SEO in 2020 [Infographic]
- Google Explains How YouTube Search Works
- Facebook Algorithm Now Prioritizes Original Reporting
- How to Create a PR Calendar With a Simple Template
What We Learned
Monday: AdEspresso shared the top Facebook and Instagram updates during June. Facebook invested in the Black community by investing an additional $200 million to Black-owned businesses, creators, and organizations this year. On the Instagram front, ads are coming to IGTV in the form of 15-second videos.
Tuesday: We brought you some examples of brands crushing it on social media. These stars included National Geographic with their Safari Live content on Facebook, The Washington Post and its TikTok presence, and The Container Store’s command of Pinterest.
Wednesday: Convince & Convert talked B2B SEO and gave us three essential strategies to generate high-quality leads.
- Deliver content for the planning, decision, and set-up stages of the research process.
- Work an SEO strategy with the Decision-Making Unit (DMU) in mind.
- Google has to know where you belong in comparison to other brands.
Thursday: CoSchedule gave us the low-down on how to create a PR calendar with a simple template. Getting started with a PR calendar involves finding the calendar format that works best with your team, identifying content types to implement and amplify PR coverage, and determining your publishing frequency whether it’s “earned” or “owned” media.
- 1/3 cup fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 3 tbsp. simple syrup
- 1 1/2 oz. Spiced Tequila
- Sparkling Water
- Pink grapefruit wedges, cilantro sprigs, and sliced jalapeño, for garnish
- Spread salt on a flat plate. Dip the rim of a 12-ounce glass in water and then in the salt.
- Fill glass with ice and top with grapefruit juice, simple syrup, and tequila; stir to combine.
- Top with sparkling water and garnish with grapefruit wedges, cilantro sprigs, and sliced jalapeño.
Recipe from Country Living
In 1941, the world’s first television commercial was broadcast before the first pitch of a Brooklyn Dodgers vs. Philadelphia Phillies game. Which brand’s advertisement was shown?
Bulova Watch Co.