Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of the Week
- Hidden Valley released an adorable “Ranch on a Branch” for your new favorite holiday tradition
- See different ways that brands are bringing all the feels for the holidays
- 15 last-minute holiday marketing ideas for brands getting a late start
- 12 reasons for a high bounce rate on your website
What We Learned
Monday: In the 2022 Mailchimp & Co Benchmark Report, 30% of responders said that time management is one of the biggest challenges they face. But productivity is not just about minutes and hours. It’s about the energy you invest. They gave 5 tips for managing your energy to maximize your productivity.
Tuesday: There is a lot of technical ins and outs for SEO, but content is the backbone to supporting a strong website. Google appreciates pages that show expertise in a field or topic, have credibility, and will provide the most useful or interesting content. You just have to organize it appropriately. Search Engine Journal explained how to create more helpful content with Topic Modeling and Topic Clusters.
Wednesday: Zapier listed the top 6 free keyword research tools of 2022.
- Moz Keyword Explorer as a go-tos for general SEO support and keyword research
- Google Keyword Planner for researching paid keywords
- Semrush for advanced SEO support and multiple keyword tools
- QuestionDB for finding question-based keywords
- Jaaxy for affiliate marketing, voice rank, and program research
- Keyword Surfer for a browser extension that researches as you Google.
Thursday: Is anyone actually ready for 2023? If you’re still working on this year, Spot On Digital Media put together a Q4 checklist and some Qs for 2023 goal preparation.
Join the Conversation
Mel posted, “Is there a specific phrase for the weekend after Thanksgiving? Working on marketing materials for my client and just wondering if there is a specific phrase that encompasses the weekend because ‘Black Friday weekend deals’ doesn’t seem correct.”
Elizabeth asked, “I’m starting a remote position in a few weeks. I want to upgrade my computer before starting since it’s pretty old. What does everyone recommend? I’m looking at either a laptop or desktop.”
Gillian shared, “Best time of year!”
Hannah wrote, “Vertical or Horizontal video – We’ve got a discussion going on in our department. We’re preparing to film a holiday video for our mid-size public library. It’s an Elf parody and we’re keeping it short. 1 -2 minutes. I was going to just create it on reels so we could be smiled upon by the Meta forces that be, but it wouldn’t really work well to be posted to YouTube in that format. What would you do? Stick with vertical video for FB/IG? Shoot both formats?”
Sweet and Sour Chicken Hot Toddy
Now hold on, hold on. Hear us out on this.
You’re gonna want to get your soup season kicking with this “brothtail.”
- 3 oz chicken broth
- 3/4 oz pineapple syrup
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 1 dash Sriracha
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- In a small pot on the stove, combine the chicken broth, pineapple syrup, lime juice, and Sriracha (to taste) over medium heat.
- Once the liquid starts to steam, remove from heat and add the gin.
- Pour the heated cocktail into a mug or Toddy glass.
- Garnish with a star anise pod or lime slice.
Recipe by Liquor.com
In this digital world we live in, ensuring that your business can easily be found through search is crucial.
Let us help your business get acquainted with Google and grow your audience.
We go beyond audits and acronyms – we support powerful content creation, A+ analytics, and “no channel left unturned” strategy.
Ready to uncover search opportunities for your brand? So are we.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Did Ya Know?
What did Campbell’s sell before they moved on to soup?
Campbell’s was founded in 1869 and started out selling canned veggies, fruit preserves and butters, mincemeat, ketchup, and other condiments.
In 1895, the first Campbell’s soup flavor was Beefsteak tomato!