Be in the Know
- You’ll be able to edit Tweets soon!
- Oreo doesn’t care if you don’t like their LGBTQ+ ally content (Oreo also released a beautiful short film)
- NBC’s streaming service, Peacock, has hired marketing executives from Netflix and Hulu
- Listen up to this podcast on finding your brand voice on social media
Catering Your Emails for Dark Mode Compatibility
Dark mode is growing to become one of the more standard viewing modes for emails, especially on mobile. It’s a great viewing option to give your eyes a rest from contast screen time. You might even be using it right now to view The Daily Carnage.
But is your brand taking dark mode into account when designing your emails? If not, you might be surprised by the color shift your branding can take.
Here are some helpful dark mode design tricks to keep in mind when designing your email:
- Stick to transparent PNG images so when your background color inverts, you won’t end up with mismatching blocks.
- Add a white stroke around dark images to avoid something being black-on-black when in dark mode. Logos and icons are notorious for this.
- Design as if you are in dark mode by testing your work on a black background.
When it comes to coding stuff, there are a couple ways to add dark mode styles. Here’s a helpful cheat sheet (for both non-developers and developers alike):
Dark Mode is supported in all the latest email clients and devices but each OS provides Accessibility and Display setting options a little differently.
Check out the full post by Email Uplers for specific dark mode tips!
Q for You
ProofJump Dark Mode Simulator
Since we’re talking about dark mode emails, easily test your email code in dark mode without having to send a test to your device over and over again. ProofJump’s Dark Mode Simulator helps you check the legibility of your text, logo, and icons with a realistic idea of how colors will convert.
Not a developer? You can still copy any of your email marketing HTML to test it out for dark mode visibilty.
In case you didn’t know, Carney is the agency of expert strategists, designers, and developers serving up The Daily Carnage to you! Wanna know how to sausage is made? Well, we can’t tell you that! …But we can make it for you.
Hit us up. Let’s talk about how we can help you achieve your email, design, and digital goals.
A Razor You Can’t Refuse 🤌
There’s been a rise of mobster-themed commercials going around. But we dig ’em!
Dollar Shave Club put this ad out with a mob boss really impressed by one of his underlings. His shaved cheeks are so smooth, the whole gang can’t hep but feel for themselves.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past