Be in the Know
- Skittles announced their “QueeR Codes” with content from LGBTQ+ artists and creators
- Another celebrity beauty line is coming our way from Ariana Grande called “God Is A Woman”
- We mentioned sonic branding before, see what brands are doing it up right lately
- ICYMI, Instagram has made updates to their Branded Content tools to make cross-promotions easier
Content Writing Vs. Copywriting In Digital Marketing
There’s content writing, and there’s copywriting. Do you know the difference? They’re both essential in marketing campaigns, usually one used to support the other, they just have different purposes.
Who cares? Marketing nerds like us who like to prove a point! Let’s get into it.
Player 1: CONTENT WRITING
- What is it: Content writing is the creation of text content to educate or entertain.
- Examples: Blog posts. White papers. E-books. Tutorials. Email newsletters. News articles. Evergreen articles. Case studies. Social media posts.
- Length: Typically longer form pieces.
- Emotion: Can be cheerful or funny at times.
- Grammar: Aim for flawless and proper.
- SEO: Keyword booster!
Player 2: COPYWRITING
- What is it: Copywriting is the creation of text content to persuade someone to take action.
- Examples: PPC landing pages. PPC ads. Cost-per-mille (CPM) ads. Social media ads. Product pages. Website sales copy. Sales emails. Short Message Service (SMS) ads.
- Length: Typically shorter pieces.
- Emotion: Can invoke impulse, comfort, sometimes even urgency.
- Grammar: Eh, write as you’d speak for the most part.
- SEO: It ain’t gonna do the most.
So there are your fighters. The next time you’re in a position to hire a writer, or need content created, you’ll know which one to choose. There’s overlap, and copywriting is an umbrella term for a lot of text content creation, but this way you know the true difference. The Forbes article gives the full details on both, so check it out!
Q for You
Don’t worry copywriters, this isn’t going to replace you. It’s just going to help crank out hot and fresh copy faster than ever, like an air-fryer of AI content. Conversion.ai can help break through writer’s block, generate eye-catching headlines, or adjust your copy’s tone almost instantly. Jarvis, the affectionate name of this copy robot, can help spark your writing creativity any time. Another amazing feature? Translate your content to 11+ languages accurately without losing your voice and intent.
You get a Q, you get a Q, you all get a Q!
Scalemail polls let you add questions right into your newsletters or emails. Engage your own subscribers by asking them to share their opinions. On anything and everything.
Smash that button to set up a demo.
Kona Brewing Company has had a clever series of “Dear Mainland” ads in the past. As a Hawaii-based brewery, this series continues that laidback, island-living theme using a series of puns for their Big Wave golden ale. Board meetings, surf lessons, and what makes a great day great, these ads do an amazing job to make you want to crack open a cold one and pretend your lawn chair is on a beach in Kona :’)
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1954, Chase & Sanborn Coffee
“Sometimes the best copy to sell a horse is ‘Horse for Sale.’”