Be In The Know
Visual Design For Non-Designers
Many marketers have a love-hate relationship with visual design. On one hand, when something looks great and audiences agree, we’re thrilled. On the other hand, not everybody has an eye for design or has the budget needed for a dedicated designer.
Social Media Examiner understands this plight and offers a guide on visual design for, well, non-designers. But let’s start with three main challenges:
- Not enough time to create all the necessary content.
- Feeling a lack of skill to efficiently create visuals.
- Not knowing what to post or where to begin.
Now, that we understand the barriers. Let’s work on taking them down one step at a time. Here are four things to keep in mind when focused on design.
- Stick to the elements of the template. Is there anyone who doesn’t use templates? They’re designed to speed up processes. When you work with a visual design template, don’t rush to change everything at once. Start with bringing in your brand colors, logos, and fonts.
- Switch Like for Like. Maintain some consistency in your template. If the template uses bold font, don’t switch to a light handwriting font. Choose something similar and on-brand. If the template has three colors, maintain three colors total even if you decide to change the initial colors.
- Incorporate contrast. Be sure not to complicate this one. Use light font colors on dark backgrounds and vice versa. Ensure that the eye knows where to go.
- Size matters. If you swap out an image in your template, maintain the original image size. You could also use photos with similar compositions as those in the template.
Luckily, there are plenty of recommendations for design templates, collaboration tools, and creative inspiration. Read on to get the whole scoop!
It’s tremendously important to have a few content creation tools in your arsenal. If you’re looking for some great new templates, Crello is the jackpot.
You’ll find over 25,000 beautifully crafted templates so you can crank out new content. Plus, it offers more than still images and designs. There are over 5,000 animated templates and 2,000+ animated objects out of the box and ready to go.
We’re listening to a recent episode of The Learning Leader Show with Ryan Hawk this AM. It’s an interview with cognitive scientist and Professor of Psychology at Yale University, Laurie Santos!
No Smile Land
Did you know smiles are contagious? Maybe no more so than a yawn, but we think that’s pretty neat.
Rohlik.cz brings us a land without smiles. It harkens back to an old photograph where nobody is smiling – kind of eerie tbh… But all thanks to some fresh food, the spell in this town is broken and there are smiles galore!
So spread some smiles when you feel like sharing joy.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Practice doesn’t make perfect, nor is it supposed to. Practice is about increasing your repertoire of ways to recover from your mistakes.”
Joann C. Gutin