Be in the Know
- Brooks Running’s first global campaign features the voice of David Harbour
- Flying south for winter? Emirates Airline has a new ad to take a gander at (we’re making goose puns here, people)
- Wendy’s Canada released a gray-haired logo and customers are divided on if it’s a stance on ageism or “woke washing”
- Need a handy dandy social media marketing checklist?
5 Ways to Prevent Creator Burnout
Burnout is no joke. It’s the result of total exhaustion either mentally, emotionally, or physically (or all three). Luckily, there are ways to prevent burnout in your life.
- Work-life-balance: Boundaries are a major part of creating a healthy balance between your personal and professional life. Saying “no” is essential to setting those healthy boundaries. Recent discussions on “quiet quitting” sometimes teeters on the extreme side of saying no. You have to find a balance between your ability to take on work, while also maintaining a healthy personal life.
- Take a break: Creators frequently use their free time and weekends to prepare and be ready for the week. You should avoid this and enjoy your free time with activities that feels good instead of constantly focusing on work.
- Take mental breaks: Tied into taking free time breaks, be sure you take time for your own individual refreshment. Often times, we struggle to ask for help or assistance in and out of the workplace. See if there are ways that you can divide tasks with others to free up more mental time for yourself.
- Celebrate accomplishments: When you have completed something or reached a goal, don’t let it go unnoticed by yourself. Be sure to mark these down to either celebrate quietly or share it. (Side Note: Celebrating others is a contageious way to create an uplifting company culture.)
- Tech-power: Are you getting bogged down with planning paralysis or feeling unorganized? You might get by with a little help from tech friends. It could be as simple as setting up your calendar to block out your focus and personal time, reminder notifications, digital notes, or goal setting.
Other ways to restore creativity when creator burnout strikes
- Create content calendars for more structure
- Revisit your old content for things that worked
- Batch your content while you’re in the mood
Check out the full article by Teachmore for more inspirational nd burnout tactics.
Q for You
What gets you in the zone?
- Throwbacks from your teenage dirtbag era?
- Chill lo-fi beats?
- The latest high-energy hip-hop?
- Maybe even KK Slider covers get you grooving.
Playlists are a special, personal thing to just about everyone. But if you’re finding you need some better work jamz or background noise, check out [email protected] It’s a platform with scientifically optimized music. The idea is that when you listen to the right type of music for your personality type and environment, you can become super focused and significantly more productive. See if this is your new focus tool to stay distraction-free while you work.
The Daily Carnage is your newsletter to make you the sharpest marketer in the room 🔪
Carney is the dynamic digital agency behind it all. We’re a whole knife block of sharp guys and gals, at your service.
Let us help you slice, dice, and cook up your next cutting-edge website, email, marketing move.
Work-life-balance is a tricky thing. GIECO released an ad about how its coverage insures and supports hobbies. “Zen Zach” is a joy-riding, laid back guy who exists when real Zach leaves the office and hops on his bike. While riding, he goes through a magical transformation that doesn’t include the desire to answer work emails. With GIECO he can save while he’s covered, making his bike passion even more chill.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past