Be in the Know
- Basecamp now has a totally free version to help you manage personal projects.
- Facebook will let nonprofits include a donate button on their Instagram profiles.
- Google search will now give you feedback on your pronunciation.
- Walmart’s Black Friday ad has been unveiled — here are the deals you need to know about.
Posts of the Week
We’re so close to 10k members. Y’all are awesome! Keep the conversations going. Join the best marketing group on Facebook here.
Here’s what went down this week:
- Michelle says, “So when I get cold marketing emails on how I can improve my brand’s SEO, social, whatever, I’ll skim them and delete. But this one came off just plain rude! It’s one thing to say “your social could use some improvement, let us help” but to tell me that you had a near-death experience because my social was so bad? You just turned me off ever wanting to work with you, lady. Is this tactic actually effective?” What do you think?
- Erica says, “Hey SEO people! I need to choose a citation management tool for my agency. I am somewhat familiar with Moz Local and Bright Local, but I’m wondering what tools you have enjoyed using? We would like it to be mostly automated and would need it for around 20 business locations to start with. Any ideas? Thanks for your help!” Help Erica out.
- Annica says, “We’re deep into 2020 planning and I’m working with our social media specialist to come up with some goals for her for next year. I’m curious about what sort of goals your social media teams have? We work at a credit union and kind of lack organizationally to provide our team with goals but want to try and pinpoint some things she can focus on accomplishing next year.” Got goals?
- Shannon shared a market district post. It reads, “It’s better than benefits. It’s belonging.” The group is not impressed. What’s your take?
Drink of the Week
Pumpkins are still festive, right? Sure, why not.
We’re making some Pumpkin Apple Bourbon Smash for Happy Hour today.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 ounces bourbon
- 2 ounces Sonoma Syrup Co. Pumpkin Pie Latte Syrup
- 4 ounces high-quality apple cider
- 8 dashes angostura bitters
Recipe by CaliGirl Cooking.
“Without strategy, content is just stuff, and the world has enough stuff.”