Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of The Week
- Take note: Oatly’s irreverent ads may work on the streets, but Redditors aren’t having it.
- Here’s what that blue-highlighted text in your Google search results means.
- Watch this Doritos billboard get literally flame-broiled next to a Burger King to hint at a hot new partnership.
- Here’s how big brands celebrated International Women’s Day.
What We Learned
Monday: Level up your online reputation management by auditing your brand, building a strategy, monitoring mentions, encouraging and responding to reviews, and planning for crisis.
Tuesday: ChatGPT can help generate complex spreadsheet formulas, perform a comprehensive SWOT analysis on your brand, assist you in building out audience personas, and turn your objectives into SMART goals.
Wednesday: TikTok presents a powerful opportunity for startup growth through experimentation. Leverage this ripe channel to test your product-market fit, drive awareness, and generate feedback.
Thursday: Conversational commerce is everywhere and it’s only expected to grow. Try chatbots, messaging apps, voice assistance, and live chat software to guide you customers through the buyer journey.
Join The Conversation
Phil asked, “Has anyone ever hired a resume writer?”
Susannah shared, “Me as a marketer: I think I just managed to write social media posts for three different brands that weren’t controversial and didn’t offend anyone. I’m done for the day!”
Monica asked, “Do you have a portfolio, even if you’re not a creative?
Olivia asked, “Has anyone else noticed big discrepancies between the actual reach of organic posts and what Instagram reports on their account reach totals in the platform?”
ChatGPT casually invented a new game.
Programmer Daniel Tait asked everyone’s favorite AI chatbot to design a new logic game similar to Sudoku. The result, which took 30 seconds to create and name, is Sumplete. We’ve been playing all week at Carney.
The objective is to delete numbers in a grid so that each row and column adds up to an assigned target number. The 3×3 grid may be a breeze, but talk to us when you’ve solved the 9×9. 😮💨
The Irish Maid
- 2 ounces Jameson Whiskey Casemates or Black
- 3 slices of cucumber
- 0.5 ounce Elderflower Liqueur
- 0.75 ounce Fresh Lemon Juice
- 0.75-ounce Simple Syrup with a drop of honey
- Muddle 2 slices of cucumber in a shaker.
- Add whiskey, Elderflower liqueur, lemon juice, simple syrup, and lots of ice. Shake.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice, garnish with cucumber, and serve.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
SPAM and Kraft, 1965
Did Ya Know?
Answer: U.S. Army
The institution is rebranding amid a dismal decade for recruiting by reaching out to Gen Z. The new campaign features actor Jonathan Majors and includes some motifs from the original 1980s commercials, which have been noted in the top ads of the century.