Be in the Know
- Walmart’s JetBlack personal shopping service is raking it in. Customers are spending $1500 per month.
- FedEx and Amazon part ways on express delivery.
- The Uber shakeup. The Chief Operating officer and Chief Marketing officer are stepping down.
- The end of robocalls? The FCC voted to adopt an anti-robocall measure. Let’s hope it works.
6 Things to Check Before You Publish a Post
Happy Monday folks.
We’re back at ya with our crowd favorite SEO Monday section.
Today, we’re talking about 6 things to check before you publish a post.
Let’s face it…
Writing quality content that ranks is no joke. It’s time-consuming and sometimes feels like an uphill battle.
We’re assuming you’ve already done the hard part. Your keyword research is complete, your article is structured properly and you’re finally ready to hit the publish button.
Make sure to check these 6 things before you share your article with the world.
- What’s the Main Topic?: Do a quick scan of your article. Can your reader instantly tell what the main topic is? Make sure your subheadings fit the topic of your post.
- Length of Paragraphs: Readers get overwhelmed looking at lengthy paragraphs. Ideally, you’ll have 5-6 sentences per paragraph.
- Are There Internal Links? Internal links are important. Consider linking to similar articles or cornerstone content.
- Did You Include a CTA?: What do you want folks to do after reading your article? Make sure you’re including CTAs on all articles.
- Did You Use Transition Words?: Transition words are words like ‘and’, ‘but’, ‘so’ and ‘because’. These words make it easier for your audience to understand how your ideas are connected.
- Categories and Tags: When done correctly, categories and tags will help your SEO. Learn how to properly set them up here.
There’s a reason Yoast is used on over 10m websites and is the most popular SEO plugin on Wordress.
It’s legit! We highly recommend.
Here are some features, directly from their site:
- Content & SEO analysis: Invaluable tools to write SEO-friendly texts.
- The snippet preview shows you how your post or page will look in the search results – even on mobile. Yoast SEO Premium even has social media previews!
- Full control over site breadcrumbs: add a piece of code and you’re good to go.
- Set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content. Never have to worry about Google penalties again.
- Title and meta description templating for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
Get your Yoast on.
Wix, the popular website building platform gets in on the influencer game with a new web series.
In its first episode, Wix partners up with two popular fashion designers for a fashion show in the sky.