Be in the Know
Make Better Emails
Let’s kick off this week with an email about email (so meta of us). We’re challenging you to make some minor tweaks in your email marketing. Let us know how it goes. Srsly.
Here they are:
- Readability: Take a look at your last few emails. See if you can use fewer words. Attention spans are short. Keep it clear and concise by saying more with less.
- Choose Carefully: How are your subject lines? Are you using preview text? The goal is to give just enough insight to garner an open.
- Sequences: If you’re not personalizing the email experience, you’re doing it wrong. Take the time to setup automation and sequences. Speak to your subscriber.
- Encourage Engagement: Please don’t tell us your email says noreply@. That’s not cool. Give your subscribers the chance to interact with you. Pro tip: if they email you; email them back.
- Mobile Display: Make sure your emails are displaying properly on mobile by sending yourself a test.
- Always Be Testing: Step out of your comfort zone and have some fun with your emails. Try some different things.
- Referrals: Here’s a low hanging fruit. Encourage people to share your emails by offering some swag. Shameless plug: check out our custom referral system at the bottom of this email. If you need your own, hit us up.
“…we walked to school uphill in the snow, both ways.” Today’s tool likely didn’t have anyone walking uphill in the snow both ways considering it was created in 2001.
It’s called ‘Wayback Machine’ and it allows you to search over 349 billion web pages saved over time. Wanna see the first iteration of Coca-Cola? You can do that. Flash anyone?
It’s a fun tool. Check it out below.
Look Out Gecko
The GEICO Gecko has some competition. Liberty Mutual is stepping into the mascot game with an….
Emu. That’s right. LiMu Emu. 🤷🏽♀️
Check out the latest commercial here.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Turtlenecks and Apple II’s. Circa 1980s.