Top Posts of the Week
- 🍺 Cautionary Ales: Brew Dog has been pushing their luck ad rules lately from contests to health claims
- 🥪 Subway is releasing a new campaign called the “Eat Fresh Refresh” to redeem some of their not-so-fresh ingredient setbacks
- 💩 Twitter cannot handle the CDC gif used in a diarrhea PSA tweet
What We Learned
Monday: We observed Independence Day! We didn’t learn much except for our limits on how many hot dogs we can eat in one weekend. 🌭
Tuesday: Local SEO vs National SEO. What’s the difference? Root & Branch Group gave us the SEO wisdom on both.
- National SEO is reaching audiences on a national scale, usually with your website. You want everyone to find you.
- Local SEO is reaching your local marketing and that often involves channels that aren’t your direct site.
Wednesday: TikTop can’t stop, won’t stop. Are you advertising on it? See interactive ran through 10 types of TikTok ads and how to use them. We learned examples, use cases, and just overall why TikTok is your nest best advertising platform.
Thursday: How do people actually feel about being texted by brands? MarTechSeries gave us a report where people gave their feelings about it. The results? Keep it low-pressure and helpful, but not too casual, and use exclamation points sparingly.
Join the Conversation
Steve wrote, “If your boss gave you $50K to spend for marketing, how would you spend it? (It could go to anything – headcount, ads, content, whatever).” (and you guys WENT off)
Janet shared, “Hi! We are wanting to create a playlist on Spotify but as our brand. Do we need a premium or advertising account to do so?…Essentially we want to create a road trip playlist curated by our brand and then share It out on social.”
Sarah posted, “Hi everyone! What is your favorite work-related podcast? Marketing, professional development, leadership, etc. 😁 Thank you!”
Cee asked, “Hi all, seeking some advice about navigating a request from a client. A company I freelance with has brought me on to provide their client with social and PR deliverables which include press releases and social content…It’s seems they have expectations for me to post to their social accounts, create ads for their IG account to grow their followers, something I did not expect to have to be managing. Am I making a big deal out of this or should I ask for them to amend the SOW + budget?”
Join the Carney Crew
We are a collaborative digital marketing agency. We’re looking for marketing misfits and digital nerds who eat up branding like we do. We’re hiring for:
There’s more to learn about working at Carney, check out what we got!
- 1 small, seedless watermelon
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup raspberry vodka (or any fruit-flavored vodka)
- ½ cup triple sec
- Use a melon baller to scoop out the melons and place them in a shallow container with a lid.
- Add pineapple juice, raspberry vodka, and triple sec.
- Toss the fruit and arrange so that the melon balls are submerged if possible.
- Cover and freeze just until partially frozen.
- (Or just chill them a bit cuz waiting is dumb)
- Eat these boozy froots by themselves or put them in another drink!
Recipe from Divas Can Cook
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1970, The Fifth Season 🥵
What is the most popular color used in logos?
b. Blue 💙
Check out Canva’s little diddy on it.