A Slap of Nostalgia
Top Posts of the Week
- Facebook is to announce a rebrand with a new name at their Connect conference
- Martha Stewart collaborates with Yung Gravy in a new campaign and Instagram content to promote her new food line
- Honda’s new campaign fits 73 years in 60 seconds of automotive history with the brand
- Mercedes-Benz released a cool, branded bicycle that has a wild price tag
What We Learned
Monday: We started the week off right with social media inspo. Some brands are just doing the most with TikTok as a social media platform. It’s more than just dance challenges. Mediakix gave 12 brands and 12 strategies on TikTok that you should be aware of.
Tuesday: Netflix seems to be everyone’s streaming service of choice. And when something hits big on the platform, it makes waves. The Netflix Effect is no joke when it comes to product influence and trends. Grab the infographic for yourself or SHARE IT: bit.ly/carneygenially
Wednesday: If you could have any marketing superpower, what would it be? Knowing what’s going to be a hit trend ahead of the curve sounds good to us. Trendspotting doesn’t have to be a thing of fantasy, though. Similarweb broke down what trendspotting is and how to use it in your digital strategy.
Thursday: Keeping up with generational marketing is no easy feat. Axios is helping marketers prepare by breaking down what we already know about marketing to Generation Alpha. They’re going to have a lot of social influence and grow up digital…and probably take over the world.
Join the Conversation
Kaila posted, “My brand is looking for influencer marketing tools and we’re looking at Tagger and Grin. Does anyone have any experience with either? Other recommendations?”
Luc shared, “Brilliant campaign imagery for McDonald’s mobile ordering. Not sure if this has been shared yet, but I’m obsessed! Thoughts?”
Juan asked, “Hey Carnies! Any tips on How to ask for a pay raise?”
Phil wrote, “Well, gang…Facebook is restructuring under a parent company and it needs a name. Who better to help them than a dedicated group of marketing professionals who definitely don’t all have personal vendettas against Facebook Ads So, what are you naming Facebook’s parent company?”
The answers are priceless
Work at Carney!
We’re looking to add a few people to the Carney crew.
What to Know About Carney:
- We are an agency based in Pittsburgh, our couches, dining room tables, and home offices, so remote candidates are welcome.
- We are digital marketing NERDS and looking for applicants just as passionate for brands, trends, and websites.
- We have sweet benefits including healthcare, holidays, and unlimited paid-time-off.
- And, we are extremely (!) dog friendly.
Apple Cider Mimosa
It has apples, it has sparkles, it’s fall time in a glass
- 1.5 ounces Brandy (Apple Brandy if you got it)
- A splash of Apple Cider
- 1 cup Chilled Brut Champagne
- In a cocktail shaker, add brandy, apple cider, and ice.
- Shake it up!
- Strain some of the mix into Champagne flute and top it off with Champagne.
- Make it fall cute with a cinnamon stick or apple slice.
Recipe from food52
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1960, Captain Company
What brand had a TV commercial with a song that went “Zoom Zoom Zoom”?
Maybe that was an easy one for you, or maybe you couldn’t quite remember this catchy ad. Ready for a blast from the early 2000’s past? Watch the ad.