Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of the Week
- LinkedIn now has native post scheduling for app users
- Check out some of the top searches and topics inGoogle’s Year in Search 2022 review
- The fifth annual Year on TikTok report is here with all the top clips, creators, and trends
- Pepsi created a “Pilk” (Pepsi + Milk) and Cookies challenge with the help of Lindsay Lohan
What We Learned
Monday: With the rise of greenscreening and dueting TikToks, SMMs can feel the pressure to be an entertainer and show themselves on camera. Not everyone is comfortable behind the camera, and not every brand needs to have that personality representing it. Modern Millie gave tips on how to grow your social media without showing your face.
Tuesday: You down with GBP? Previously called Google My Business, your Google Business Profile (GBP) listing is essential for many businesses to be found in searches. Search Engine Journal has 4 tips for optimizing your Google Business Profile’s visibility.
Wednesday: Reddit has moved up the ranks when it comes to social media marketing. It’s not your typical social media platform, making it ideal for UGC, niche topics, and engaged, targeted audiences. CMSWire listed the benefits of marketing on Reddit with real examples and stories from brands on the platform.
Thursday: We took a break from strategies and social media stress to talk about the season of giving. TeamBuilding.com put together the ultimate list for remote teams, employee appreciation gifts, and ideas for holiday gift exchanges. Check out some of our top favorite shops and gift ideas for employees.
Join the Conversation
Peyton asked, “Virtual business addresses/mailboxes – does anyone use a certain company they like?”
Marta posted, “What’s the BEST website you’ve ever seen? Bonus points if they’re a bit unconventional. Go! 🙏🏻”
Megan wrote, “Anyone else experiencing loooong waits for Facebook ad approvals?”
Bren shared, “I have been hacking up a lung for days I guess Alexa is my mom now”
Hot Chai Toddy
- 6 cups of water
- 8 chai tea bags (make your own or use a high quality brand of black tea and spices
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus a bit more for sprinkling on top
- 6-8 oz spiced rum
- Bring the water to boil. Add tea bags and steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Heat milk and sugar to a boil, stirring often. Take off of the heat and add cinnamon and vanilla.
- Remove the tea bags and pour milk mixture into the tea.
- Add the spiced rum and stir.
- Serve in mugs! Pro-tip: If you will be continuously serving throughout the evening, pour into a slow cooker and turn the heat on low.
Serves 4-6. Recipe by Brit + Co.
Work With Us
Creative solutions with agile execution.
Carney is the digital agency behind The Daily Carnage. Finding tactics that build loyal audiences and spur company growth is what we do best (outside of delivering you this newsletter each day).
The people behind Carney are creative strategists, digital artists, and development experts. Ready to make our team your team?
Let’s see how we can work together.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1964, Yellow Pages
Which brand has “Life’s Messy, Clean It Up” as its slogan?