Be in the Know
- Keep up with Charmin’s Twitter to see what they are dropping for “#2’s day”
- Coca-Cola launched Starlight sodas that claim to be intergalactic flavors and meant to target Gen Z
- YouTube is breaking down how they are combating the spread of misinformation around the video platform
- Have you noticed the new Instagram Stories feature?
TikTok Tactics: Your Quick Guide to Advertising on TikTok
We watched TikTok’s courses so you don’t have to! (But you still should because they’re super helpful and quick.)
TikTok’s guide to their advertising and analytics dashboard is five short videos, only 1-3 minutes long. Here are the takeaways of each one:
- TikTok starts by explaining that their platform is self-serving but will help marketers “level up” through campaigns.
- Level 3 in each tactic is going to unlock the most features.
Tactic 1: Attribution (web + app)
- Beginners can get conversion tracking without a development team.
- Pixel developer mode includes event post-backs to enhance your algorithm experience. But this requires some more complex setup on the backend.
- To enable the best possible attribution and sharing, learn about TikTok’s full advanced matching + events API.
Tactic 2: Targeting, Bidding, & Optimization
- Each part of this tactic depends on the other. So instead of direct “levels,” targeting, bidding, and optimization act more like dominos in a circle.
- To get started, you’ll need to learn more about TikTok’s ad targeting.
Tactic 3: Catalog
- TikTok’s tools can help you create multiple, efficient automatic ads that reach the best audience.
- This type of ad tactic through TikTok works best with brands that have large product selections.
Tactic 4: Creative
- TikTok rewards innovative, fresh, and frequent content. “Ditch tradition and embrace authenticity.”
- They encourage the reuse of branded content in different ways to test out audiences before using TikTok Spark Ads as direct ad options.
- In Level 3, you’d have access to TikTok’s vast and growing partner system.
Check out TikTok’s full guide for all the educational tidbits at your fingertips before you get started with your TikTok campaigns.
Q for You
InShot Video Editor
When you’re making video and social media content on the go, your phone is your best friend. InShot is one of the most popular, powerful video editing apps you can load your phone with. You can trim/cut videos, blur backgrounds, add music, effects, and more. It’s essential for Reels and TikTok tweaking.
And it’s a freebie app! Check it out for your mobile editing needs.
[Your Brand's Tool]
[Your brand’s time to shine]
Wanna get into the Carnage? We love featuring helpful tools and content for our audience of marketing professionals. If you have something you’d like to share, we’d love to hear about it.
Learn more about the sponsorship options we have available.
Hold that thought…
Because that little idea could use a hug 🥺.
HP has made it possible to feel bad for a piece of paper. We follow the journey of a little thrown-out note as it makes it way back to its owner. It sucks when you can’t be heard, so HP is working to make everyone on calls seen and heard with advanced conference tools.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Ideas without action are useless.”