Q for You
Be In The Know
- After Decades of Work, Scientists Have Mapped the Entire Surface of the Moon for the First Time
- 44 million US adults now use ‘borrowed’ accounts to access streaming services
- Google Podcasts finally gets listener analytics
- Twitter tests a warning message that tells users to rethink offensive replies
How to set up social media automation to save serious time
As much as we love social media, even we have to admit – it’s tedious. Luckily, SproutSocial is guiding us with actionable steps to streamline our social presence.
1. Schedule social posts. You’re probably already doing this. After all, it eliminates pressure, saves time, and helps visualize your content. Many social media platforms already offer the ability to schedule posts in advance. But there are also 3rd-party services like SproutSocial, Later, or Agorapulse.
2. Use chatbots to be available for your customers. Chatbots should be used to add convenience to a user’s experience. Here’s a solid example, not only does SEPHORA’s Facebook bot answer basic Qs, but it’s also capable of routing customers directly to an agent.
Tools: Chatfuel, Mobile Monkey, ChatterOn
3. Save and repurpose replies. Countless customer inquiries come in through social whether it’s pricing concerns, deliverability, complaints, etc. Keeping a record of communication can speed up response time in the long run.
We’re not saying track every single interaction. But when there’s a pattern, record your response that way you have a template built for the future.
4. Automate reports to share with colleagues or clients. Just about all social platforms have analytics to help you make decisions about your content. But tailoring those metrics into useful, easy-to-read data can be a manual job if you don’t have the help of a 3rd-party tool.
Tools: Whatagraph, Google Analytics, or Databox
5. Curate valuable content. Yes, social media is social. While you’re trying to automate the process, don’t forget to maintain human connection. A good rule of thumb is keeping the tone conversational, or laid back. And throw in emojis when it makes sense.
Remember, you’re looking for automation to supplement your branding not replace it. This is the way…
What we're listening to
“Social Pros Podcast”
by Jay Baer and Adam Brown
A full-time Marketing Operations Coordinator position is available! Marie Forleo International is looking for a technical problem solver who’s committed to using their gifts to make the world a better place.
The ideal candidate for this virtual role has “eagle eyes” attention to detail, is driven to find the most effective ways to support customers and optimize conversions, and has 2-4 years experience with helping online marketing systems work seamlessly.
Click through to discover more positions available within our Daily Carnage community using Sharp Jobs.
Have a new position available – list it. On the lookout for a new adventure, check Sharp Jobs every few days as more and more listings are coming in.
By now you’ve probably seen some funny and embarassing moments caught on Zoom calls. Kids and pets are ripe with Zoom material, but every once in a while the embarrassing moments ensue when somebody doesn’t realize their camera is still on.
iSelect is here to help make sure you can easily compare products and services in order to get the most bang for your buck. However, the buck stops there since they can’t help you with how you use – or forget how to use – the products and services you’ve chosen.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1920, American Chicle Company
“History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.”