Did ya know?
Top Posts of the Week
- If you’re confused about the Reels Algorithm, Instagram gave a new rundown on how it works
- In celebration of 10 years of their loyalty program, IKEA released a candle that smells like their iconic meatballs
- Busch released a beef broth “dog beer” so you crack open a cold one with your furry friend
- Startup Scandinavian airline Norse Atlantic Airways has revealed Viking-inspired branding, their launch plans, first destinations, and new website
What We Learned
Monday: We love digital marketing and all that goes with it! EconoTimes gave us a terminology lesson and the specific difference between digital marketing and social media marketing. The recap:
- Social Media Marketing: The use of social media platforms to connect with your audience.
- Digital Marketing: Encompasses all internet and online technologies as well as digital media.
Tuesday: Graphic design is a really competitive field, so it’s not enough to have your programs down. You need additional skills! Creative Boom gave four soft skills designers need to stand out. The four horsemen are:
- Generating Ideas
- Effective Communication
- Writing Skills
- People Skills
Wednesday: Adweek highlights 10 brands that are Gen Z approved on TikTok. The consensus is Gen Z doesn’t mind product-first marketing if it’s done concisely and they love brands who understand memes, use UGC, and make content with personality.
Thursday: GatherContent hosted a webinar on How to Translate Your Brand Messages to Your Website Content. Your messaging should evoke emotion in most cases so using it in practical web content can be tricky. GatherContent uses a 5 step process for how to choose, curate, and recalculate your content for web pages.
Join the Conversation
Bren shared, “Please tell me how you – a marketing professional or at least someone who should know better – fell for good marketing, maybe didn’t do enough research, and were sorely disappointed by the product or experience. I’m inviting you to my Ruby Love pity party.”
May we never be done dirty by marketing again.
Tom posted, “Double spacing after a period. Punishable by prison or just a hefty fine?”
Ashley wrote, “I’m a few years removed from event planning – are selfie frames still a thing?”
Beth asked, “Does anyone have event management software recommendations? Attendee list check-off onsite and then post-event swag selection follow up functionality?”
[Your Brand Here]
[Your cool content here]
The Daily Carnage is a newsletter for marketers looking for the best tools, freshest news, and top strategies. Do you have a piece, platform, or tool that would help our readers with that? Let’s here it!
We have several options for sponsored spots. Show us your best stuff!
Gin and Sin
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Grenadine
- Lemon twist, because you are all class
- Shake the gin, orange juice, lemon juice, and Grenadine in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish it up with a lemon twist.
- Pinkies out.
Recipe via The Drink Kings
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Do you know which brand has “Betcha can’t eat just one” as their slogan?
The chip brand has been using the slogan since the 1960’s. But let’s be honest, can you eat just one of any of those snacks listed?