Be in the Know
- Volkswagen is teaming up with Pinterest to offer a virtual test drive of their electric vehicle
- Cannabis parody branding is even more ill-advised as Subway beats out Budway in a branding lawsuit
- Known for being a food delivery startup, Go Puff to launch its own ad platform
- Instacart is giving $1 million in ad credits to black owned CPG brands as well as highlight more black owned brands on featured banners
Dad Descriptions for Design Blogs
Creative Boom has a recent list of 50 of the Best Design Blogs. It gives lovely, thoughtful summaries of what these blogs are all about.
Yeah, we’re not gonna do that. In honor of Father’s Day coming up, we’re gonna give blunt, condensed versions of those descriptions (just like any dad would describe anything). Here are some favs from Creative Boom’s list:
- BP&O (brand, packaging, and opinion): print nerds
- Made by Folk: talking to nerds
- Shillington Blog: design school chops
- Creative Review: marketing is ART
- I Love Typography: font nerds
- Design Taxi: put on the news
- Httpster: website eye candy
- Sidebar: website nerds
- Brand New: dad-level puns
- Spotify: …not my playlist?
- Visuelle: just eye candy
Creative Boom, as a design blog themselves, gives a full list of 50 design daddies to check out.
Go get inspired!
Q for You
Paper by WeTransfer
Inspo is everywhere, and mobile af. Paper by WeTransfer is an app answer to getting creative inspiration, coloring to relieve stress, playing with textures, or jotting down your own inspired thoughts and designs. Paper has stylish, dreamy pages at the ready for you to get started, or you can just go to town. You won’t know unless you try it. Check it out for the iPhone and iPad.
Give it a SHOUT
The Daily Carnage is your digital marketing newsletter that gives you bite-sized news, marketing strategies, and other stuff all wrapped up in quippy, bad joke-telling writing. Our audience loves us for it.
Creative and marketing professionals hit us up for the tools and tactics that we share. Have something worth giving a shout, too? We got you.
Let’s talk about getting your stuff on the Carnage.
Pin It Proudly
Discovery. Inspiration. Normalization. Pinterest’s ad tells stories of multiple queer people and how the online world helped their journeys as well as what Pride means to them. The ad is shot beautifully and the stories are just as beautiful to hear from these people around the world. It shows the community often found on the internet, especially for subcultures Pinterest helps facilitate.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1960, Babe Ruth
“Creativity is intelligence having fun.”