Be in the Know
- Microsoft will update the Bing search engine with artificial intelligence from OpenAI’s ChatGPT chatbot to improve results in Q1.
- H&M has launched “Loooptopia,” an immersive and social gaming experience that lets Roblox users design garments and wardrobes for their virtual avatars.
- Kohl’s nod to the viral NSFW TikTok sound is part of a larger brand trend that leans into messy UGC.
- Here are influencers’ favorite (and least favorite) brands to collab with, according to influencer-transparency platform F*** You Pay Me (FYPM).
What is Entity Search?
In the past, you might have gotten by on keywords and link-building alone—but, these days, you have to help semantic search engine bots understand your content by optimizing for entity search. But what does that really mean?
entity (n.): a name, place, object, event, concept, or numerical expression that a search engine can understand without ambiguity.
For example, in the query “what is the cheapest price for a hotel in the San Francisco Bay Area,” the following are considered entities:
- “What” — concept
- “Cheapest” — numerical expression
- “Price” — numerical expression
- “Hotel” — organization
- “San Francisco” — location
- “Bay Area” — location
By connecting these entities, search engines can understand both the query and the intent behind the query. Search engines use Knowledge Graphs, citations, Wikipedia, reviews, and various digital content to provide the most accurate and relevant results. This retrieval process is called entity search.
So how do you leverage entity-focused SEO to give your content a competitve advantage in search?
- What: Provide the most comprehensive source of information on a topic by covering as many related topics as relevant to the searcher.
- Why: Understand user intent. Are they seeking info, evaluating options, looking for directions, or ready to make a decision? Your content should cater to every need of your audience across their buying journey.
- How: Employ video, images, headings, bulleted and numbered lists, hours of operation, and Q+A to create the most holistic semantic SEO strategy.
Dig into the details over at Search Engine Land to get started on your strategy.
Q for You
Social News Desk
Are you in the industry that never sleeps? Turn your news content into conversions with Social News Desk’s hybrid automation and proprietary technology. Grow your audience with AI-powered ads, and take advantage of tools to enhance team workflow and content production.
The Search is Over
Sense your SEO isn’t up to snuff? We love a good audit at Carney.
We’ll pop the hood and run your website through our 60-point technical checklist. Then, we’ll provide diagnostics, recommendations, education, and hands-on support.
Let’s get started ASAP.
No doubt that the folks over at Tito’s Vodka don’t look forward to Dry January every year. But when life gives you lemons, make a virgin lemon drop martini. In the brand’s new campaign, self-aware domestic queen Martha Stewart shows you how to put your Tito’s Vodka to good use without wrecking your resolutions.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Lucky Strike 1950