Be in the Know
- And just like that, the plot thickens with the Peleton brand image situation with Ryan Reynolds and Chris Noth putting out an immediate reaction ad
- Absolut Vodka made some Twitter-source Christmas carols to serenade you into the holiday mood
- As the front page of the internet, Reddit recaps the many stock market fires, memes, subcultures, and trends of 2021
- Instagram added a Reels Reply feature for comment replies
Takeaways From a Year of TikTok: 2021-of-a-kind
TikTok proved that it’s here to stay and sourcing trends left and right. The video platform released their Year on TikTok: 2021-of-a-kind report. This recap lets you recall all the audio, entertainment, and advertising twists and turns that have happened along the way this year.
Let’s breakdown the biggest happenings in the world of TikTok in 2021:
- In 2021, over 1 billion people tuned into TikTok.
- For You feeds showed all sorts of diversity in content, but global trending content included comedy, food, and family videos.
- Breaking down those family videos further: animals, significant other posts, and cute kids ruled those joy-bringing categories.
- The music industry is shaped by TikTok and TikTok is shaped by audio. Some music is even altered to fit in with TikTok trends, and maximize sales with remixes.
- TikTok celebrates the HECK out of their creators and is very creator-friendly as a platform. Lifestyle, technology, education, and fashion communities saw the most global creator growth.
- It’s advertising-friendly, too. TikTok is a major source for retail and influencer markets with over 6 billion views of #TikTokMadeMeBuyIt.
- TikTok’s tech boundaries have been pushed all year and their technology is only growing. They even added a new Q&A feature at the release of this report called “Ask on TikTok.”
We hope your brand isn’t missing out on this platform! TikTok broke down their stats and deets by US market and then globally. See their full report for all the trends, top videos, and creators they listed.
Q for You
Design apps nowadays need to do more than move some vectors and layers around. Lunacy is a FREE design app that lets designers have some wiggle room with AI-powered tools, a huge asset library included, plus lots of collaboration between team members. They have some great automation essentials like an image upscaler, background remover, and text generator, and they are always taking on new suggestions to add. And of course Lunacy uses .sketch format to play with your other favorite apps like Figma. See if this may be your next favorite design platform!
Daily Carnage Sponsorships
Do you have a tool, service, or piece of content you would like to feature in the Carnage?
We have sponsorship options available for brands we think our audience of marketing professionals would find helpful for their marketing strategies.
Let’s talk to see if you have something to share with our readers!
Searching for Hope and Healing
Buckle up. It’s an emotional rollercoaster seeing the global events and movements that happened these past 12 months. Somehow we have fit so much into 2021 as far as tragedies and triumphs. Google’s Year in Search film showed what people were looking for in a world turned on its head: how to heal.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”
George Bernard Shaw